RYLA is an annual 7 day residential for 18 – 26 year olds sponsored by the Rotary Clubs within Rotary International District 9500 (SA/NT). RYLA is a life changing experience, it has the capacity to instill, motivate and develop future leaders in one of the most intensive leadership experiences available in South Australia.
<==taken from Rotary District 9500 web site==>
RYLA empowers young individuals through diverse range of qualified professional speakers and activities, touching on topics such as:
- leadership and personality styles
- working in teams
- self belief
- conflict management
- goal setting
- public speaking
Our speakers leave awardees feeling motivated and inspired. RYLA’s youth team leaders also complement the experience through their informal activities (fun) and support.
RYLA allows awardees to network and form friendships with a diverse range of like-minded youth, including those from an international background.
To develop leadership potential in youth from diverse backgrounds through residential programs, empowering them to make positive change in their communities; sponsored by Rotary and run for youth, by youth.
- Develop leadership skills in youth
- Deliver engaging session in areas of leadership, self development, team work, conflict management, public speaking, time management, goal setting and other areas of professional development
- Provide a safe, encouraging environment for self development and increased self confidence whilst networking with like-minded peers
- Introduce young leaders to Rotary programs and give awareness of other leadership opportunities within Rotary
Each year our Club sponsors 2 local students to attend these inspiring workshops.
No comments yet.